Topics / Course content
· This course will introduce you to Spanish pronunciation and simple everyday phrases and expressions.
· Pronunciation/ Phonetics of the Language, The Alphabet
· Greet people and introduce yourself and others/ Giving personal information about name, address, nationality, profession and family relations.
· Talk about nationality, jobs / professions, marital status, age & family relations
· Numbers up to 100, days of the week and dates
· Order a drink or a snack/ Tapas in a café or bar
· Finding your way out / giving & understanding directions.
· Asking for information in the Tourist Office, asking where a place is.
Class activities are designed to help you understand and use the language to communicate confidently and effectively. Interactive class activities are aiming to give you opportunities to practice what have you learnt, with pears and your teacher using target language; all language skills are used in classes; speaking, listening, reading & writing.
Individual work, in pairs or groups; all learners take part in a variety of activities, designed to use the language effectively in role-plays / games / puzzles / word search. Video clips / listening material & internet activities.
Requirements / Additional support
-You need to bring a pen, paper/ notebook, a ring-binder or folder to keep notes, hand-outs.
– At the start of the course your teacher will advise you on a course book that you could purchase at anyplace you like to support your learning. Please do not purchase any course/book beforehand till you get your teachers advise.
Other relevant information
Course also covers relevant information of the language and culture of the country or countries concerned, video clips of documentaries will be shown during sessions related to topics covered. Social events at the end of course will be organised in accordance to preference with teacher assistance.